Environmental Building Inspector
Looking for a meaningful role that leverages your experience in asbestos, lead-based paint, and mold evaluations and project monitoring? BrightFields’ Building Services department is in search of a building inspector to add to our expanding program and to assist with asbestos, lead-based paint, mold, and indoor air quality assessments, multimedia sample collection, project design, and project oversight and monitoring.
BrightFields, Inc. is an award-winning environmental consulting firm that focuses on the assessment, remediation, and redevelopment of brownfield properties and sites with hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants. Our Building Services team specializes in facility decommissioning, demolition, and renovation, and complex indoor environmental quality assessments and remediation, as well as HUD-based lead risk assessment and clearance for public clients and stakeholders. We provide environmental support for our residential, commercial, industrial, and public clients. We’re based in Wilmington, DE with projects primarily in Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania. We’re seeking full-time candidates with 2+ years of experience to join our growing company.
- EPA (and/or State-specific) Asbestos Building Inspector and/or City of Philadelphia Asbestos Investigator
- Delaware-Certified Project Monitor and/or City of Philadelphia Asbestos Project Inspector
- Delaware-Certified Lead inspector or Lead Risk Assessor
- Mold/Indoor Air Quality Inspection or Mitigation certifications
- Asbestos, lead-based paint, mold, and indoor air quality assessments
- Collection of multimedia samples and completion of chain of custody documentation
- Abatement and remediation project monitoring
- Data review and report writing
- Support other environmental tasks such as soil and water sample collection, environmental remediation and monitoring, computer data entry and construction safety monitoring.
- Communicate with regulators, clients, and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and potential clients
- 2+ years of field experience and current asbestos and/or lead licenses/certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, public health, industrial hygiene, or a related field is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of State and Federal regulations and guidance concerning asbestos, lead-based paint, and mold inspection and remediation is strongly desired.
- General understanding of building construction is a plus.
- Experience in writing environmental reports and using Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Good mechanical skills are a plus.
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments, including outdoor fieldwork
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Health and Safety training certification is a plus
- Willing to maintain annual medical monitoring and OSHA certification (at company expense)
- Willingness to travel throughout Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Why Work for BrightFields?
BrightFields has been named a Top Workplace in Delaware for 9 years in a row and recognized by the Zweig Group for 5 years on its annual Hot Firm List. We pride ourselves on investing in our employees and giving each individual the support they need for professional success. We offer:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company Wellness Program
- Disability Insurance (short-term and long-term)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match, vested 100% immediately
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- Travel Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to work around your family commitments
- Free parking
Plus, we know it’s important to unwind and have fun with your colleagues! BrightFields hosts various activities throughout the year including an annual fall Crab Feast, December Holiday Party, themed winter potlucks with prizes, happy hour get-togethers, and monthly summer food trucks or BBQs.
Interested? Send your resume and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.