Staff Accountant/Billing Specialist
Looking for a role that builds on your accounting skills but also give you a great sense of satisfaction at the end of the day?
Imagine knowing that thanks to your skill and dedication, an abandoned, environmentally hazardous site is now safe for the local community and can be put to productive use. You’ve contributed to a healthy environment and sparked economic growth. Not bad for a day’s work!
BrightFields, Inc. is an award-winning environmental consulting firm that focuses on the assessment, remediation, and redevelopment of brownfield properties—sites with a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminants. We’re based in Wilmington, DE with projects primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. As an Accountant, you’ll be involved in projects from beginning to end—giving you the opportunity to fully see the results of your efforts. We’re seeking full-time candidates with 2-3 years of experience to join our growing company.
- Accounts Payables
- Client Billing
- Accounts Receivable
- Account Analysis
- Data Entry
- General Accounting
- Credit Card Reconciliations
- Assistance with Yearly Financial Audits
- Assistance with Commercial Insurance issues
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and strong Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Experience with Ajera software desired.
- Efficient and detail-oriented
- Competent using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work
- Skilled at managing multiple projects simultaneously
Job Type: Full-time Salary: Low to mid $40K.
Expected work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00pm daily. Located in Wilmington, Delaware with free parking.
Why Work for BrightFields?
BrightFields has been named a Top Workplace in Delaware for 8 years in a row, and recognized by the Zweig Group for 5 years on its annual Hot Firm List. We pride ourselves on investing in our employees, and giving each individual the customized coaching they need for professional success. We offer:
Plus, we know it’s important to unwind and have fun with your colleagues! BrightFields hosts various activities throughout the year including an annual fall Crab Feast, December Holiday Party, themed winter pot lucks with prizes, happy hour get-togethers, and monthly summer food trucks or BBQs.
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com.