BrightFields, Inc. is a full service, woman-owned, environmental consulting and remediation firm certified as a WBE/DBE in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, Virginia, and nationally, through WBENC.
With our diverse technical and policy background, we offer expertise usually found in a much larger firm, along with a thorough understanding of the sensitivities that are unique to our clients, and responsiveness distinctive to a smaller company.
BrightFields was founded in 2003 by Marian Young and Mark Lannan when they purchased the assets of WIK Associates, where they had both worked since 1993 playing an instrumental role in the company’s development and management. With over 30 years of environmental management experience, we guide our clients through a wide range of complex technical and regulatory challenges.
Our 45 person firm, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is built on the 7th Street Peninsula, where the Brandywine and Christina Rivers converge, aptly situated on an old city landfill, demonstrating our clear commitment to the revitalization of environmentally impacted and economically disadvantaged areas.
BrightFields’ team is focused on analyzing and solving our clients’ environmental issues by providing flexible and economical solutions. Our clients, including private industry, government agencies, lenders, realtors, developers and non-profits, value our rapid response, strategic thinking, and creative solutions.
- Marian Young awarded the 2016 Brava Award by Philadelphia SmartCEO.
- Marian Young named recipient of the 2015 Jerry Allen Courage in Leadership Award.
- Marian Young and Mark Lannan honored as the Small Business Administration’s 2014 and 2008 Delaware Small Business Persons of the Year.
- Received the 2014 Marvin S. Gilman Superstars in Business Award and the 2006 Award of Excellence, presented annually by the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce.
- Made the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America in 2015, 2014 and 2009.
- Ranked number 72 on the 2015 ZweigWhite Hot Firms list, which ranks the fastest-growing architecture, engineering and environmental consulting firms in the U.S. and Canada (on list 5 times since 2008).
- Selected as Best Places to Work For Zweig Group 2016, 2015, and 2010.
- Selected as one of The News Journal Top Workplaces in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2009.